All posts by Thomas Dykstra

5-13-2015 Minutes

Attendance: Dan VanKooten, Thomas Dykstra, Carson Wiens, Benjamin Braker,
Proff. Norman, Lucas Schreiber, Daniel DeHoog, Andrew Lang, Mark VanderStel,
Brian Cole, Grant Ebeling, Drew VandeLun

Ideas:

Submitting capital request form

-file server, $1200
-Traction!
-nursing website

Traction

-three conected servers
-separate machines, virtual machine cluster
-server admins say NO!
-Tractionfs, separate file system
-three year plan…
-focus, server stability
-move Calvin web print into

Summer

-abs

Airband

-wants to refresh their website, on abs

5-6-2015 Minutes

Attendance: Drew VandeLun, Carson Wiens, Proff. Norman, Lucas Schreiber,
Andrew Lang, Thomas Dykstra, Daniel DeHoog, Christian Woolle, Dan VanKooten,
Mark VanderStel, Benjamin Braker, Grant Ebeling, Chris Wieringa

Ideas:

Firewall

-Gary CIT
-Mark will send emails to people who have the ability and time

Traction

-procedures and forms
-money in reserve for ad-hoc requests
-might be able to get $1k
-hunt down a new file system(Norman, Braker, Chris)

Hackathon last sat

-6 participants

Replacements

-sys admins, Drew/mystery freshman
-sys admin, paid possition? under Chris/Norman, hour a week,
braker write-up details on this position
-secretary, Braker temp

4-22-2015 Minutes

Attendance: Benjamin Braker, Dan VanKooten, Lucas Schreiber, Christian Woolle,
Grant Ebeling, Thomas Dykstra, Andrew Lang, Mark VanderStel, Proff. Norman,
Brian Cole, Carson Wiens, Daniel DeHoog, Andrew Darmawan, Micah Ng, Matt Rowe

Ideas:

Traction:

-Calvin web print
-people signing up
-have google form for requests
-student info, contact info, what kind of server do you need?

Outreach

-success!!!

Senior Dinner

-$200, submit request for reimbursement
-May 12

CIT miscommunications

-CS, IS
-high barriers of entry, hope to lower
-insentivise projects for community benefit
-discommunications
-get a feel for what students want
-best CS/IS award of the year?
-api model, colab with cit
-form committee of CS/IS to organize this
-meeting Tuesday(28) 3:00pm CIT meeting room

Events:

LAN Party this Sat (Thomas)

Hackathon May 2

4-15-2015 Minutes

Attendance:

Benjamin Braker, Carson Wiens, Drew VandeLun, Dan VanKooten, Mark VanderStel,
Daniel DeHoog, Andrew Lang, Lucas Schreiber, Thomas Dykstra, Proff. Norman, Micah Ng,
Grant Ebeling

Ideas:

Hackathon

-on student news, great work James
-May 2

Traction:

-static IPs
-wordpress
-file system

Rechartering forms

-due tommorow
-Leadership (Grant, Thomas, Andrew, Braker)
-meet tonight, past 6
-need new sec for next year

Events:

LAN Party(25th)

-focused on Artemis

Outreach

-last weekend went well
-for this weekend(pc: Carson, Beka)(mac: Norman?)

4-8-2015 Minutes

Attendance: Benjamin Braker, Dan VanKooten, Thomas Dykstra, Tyler Luce, Micah Ng,
Drew VandeLun, Lucas Schreiber, Andrew Lang, Mark VanderStel, Daniel DeHoog,
Brian Cole, Grant Ebeling, Peter VandeHaar, Proff. Norman, Carson Wiens

Ideas:

Traction

-new server, up and running, woot!
-Friday evening(after supper at 5, aim for 6)
-full setup, virtual machine, document steps

Forms

-leadership, rechartering
-was emailed, student orgs getting info on members
Student Senate
-Andrew Darmawan
-formal process for student projects with cit
-pay a student to maintain them, later cit will maintain them

Events:

LAN Party (25th)

-focus: figure out next wednesday

Outreach (11th, this weekend)

-two people have requested
-teams (Thomas Dykstra, Lucas Schreiber), next week + (Braker, Carson)
-Norman will send us info, #, call today/tommorow

04-01-2015 Minutes

Attendance: Benjamin Braker, Lucas Schreiber, Thomas Dykstra, Proff Norman, Drew VandeLun, James Lamine, Daniel DeHoog, Dan VanKooten, Brian Cole, Carson Wiens, Grant Ebeling, Mckenzie, Tyler Luce, Peter VandeHaar, Beka, Mark VanderStel

Ideas:

workshop next week

-mention outreach/hackathon

outreach (next sat/sat after that)

-sit down, max 2 hours
-given info/flash drives, check list
-op system is working
-Lucas Schreiber, Thomas Dykstra, Dan VanKooten, Carson Wiens,
-Mark VanderStel… Post below if you would like to join.

give student news a boost (Brian/Mckenzie)

-‘face-lift’ / new name
-whos currently in charge?
-making a better format, make enhanced primary
-fix current process? submissions

Cit, maintaining student projects

-Andrew Darmawan emails
-more details next week, meeting tuesday at 10

Hardware status

-cit dropped in

Recharter Forms

Events:

hackathon

-announcing to classes
-student news (Beka)

final Lan Parties

-on the back burner

1-21-2015

Attendence: Proff. Norman, Dan Vankooten, Grant Ebeling, Brian Cole, Mark VanderStel,
Drew VandeLun, Thomas Dykstra

Ideas:

soda server

balance ratio

-work/play

girls who code

-mon night, need storage space
-csx room, give them code
-make some room

fans in csx

-get rid of them?

Events:

Zombiefest

-posters up, student news out. Good to go!
-radios again
-get 010 unlocked on time
-we have zombie free signs
-change rules:
-no tackling/jumping/landing on people/”extended lunging”
-zombie free elevators